Our strategy is to provide few but excellent models. In order to provide a high quality at a low price, each product is carefully designed and tested.
The development is working so far on 2 type of houses: A hexagonal and a square one. Both houses have the character of a “kernel”, that is a room which is solid, weatherproof and lockable.
The bare kernel is applicable for commercial usage like storage or seasonal stores or emergency accommodations like a shelter in the mountain or in the barren land.
See the section “All-season habitable house” below for the further evolution.
The hexagonal house is our first product released with a lot of nice qualities:
- It is enlightened from 5 to 6 sides providing a maximum of light
- you can easily change the room layout by combining any number of the 6 triangles
- The stability of a hexagonal construction is superior to the square construction as the forces on the edges can be better distributed
See Pictures of the major versions.
In many places the hexagonal construction is not applicable due to geometry or social acceptance. For this reason there is also a model with a square foot print.
This house has some advantages too.
- it is easier to assemble since it has 4 walls instead of 6
- it is more discreet since its conventional shape attracts less attention
- you can extended and combine the base element easily to form bigger constructions
All-season habitable house
The goal of the Reconstructable House is to provide a all-season habitable house. This construction will be fully isolated in order to reach low-energy-consumption. We are currently investigating on appropriate material for isolation that is both natural and easily applicable.
We are also searching for ways to provide autarky. Our favourite solution is to wrap the house with solar panel that deliver energy and also protect the wood from rain. As the logo picture shows we are already working on a solar panel that is applicable for the roof.